2011年10月3日星期一

Phish, The Strokes, Eagles and M.I.A. to Headline 2010 Austin City Limits

For the last nine years, the Austin City Limits Festival has faced some difficult Rosetta Stone challenges: ACL faces off against the states other big festival (South by Southwest) and falls at the end of festival season, after other big rock parties like Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza. But for this years edition, the ACL organizers have risen to the challenge and delivered one of the seasons biggest and most diverse lineups: Phish, the Strokes, Eagles, Muse, M.I.A., Vampire Weekend and the Flaming Lips are just some of the top acts that will descend on Austins Zilker Park for the weekend of October 8th. Also on the bill of over 130 bands are Sonic Youth, LCD Soundsystem, Cheap Rosetta Stone V3 Spoon, Monsters of Folk, the National, the Black Keys, Norah Jones and more.Single-day tickets for the ACL Fest are on sale today. Expect them to get snatched up quickly: three-day passes for this years fest (which went on sale last October) sold out in a record 14 hours thanks to a reasonable $145 price-point and that was before any bands were even announced. For deep-pocketed music fans, ACL will offer a limited number of three-day VIP tickets.The Strokes will deliver their second-only U.S. gig of the year at ACL, following their headlining performance at Lollapalooza. For Phish, who will wrap up their summer tour in August, this will be the only time the jam-band kings will visit the Lone Star State in 2010. Ross and Walker are currently gearing up for a mammoth tour in June and July, including an opening spot Rosetta Stone Arabic with Rooney and a slot at this years Bonnaroo. After recently wrapping up their first headlining tour last month, Ross feels more confident than ever onstage. Doing this first tour was really interesting in the beginning I was really worried about doing all of the parts right, Ross says. But by the end, I was just having fun. Can you confirm that story?Well, like I said, people get nervous down there. Its — [laughs] — I cant believe someone told you about that.But youre leaving office in a couple of weeks. Come on. Throw us a bone. Just think, you finally get to talk about all of these things.Look, I cant. Besides, it wasnt that big of a — OK, fine. It was Condi.Condoleezza Rice farted in the Oval Office! When she was the national security adviser?No, this was when she was State. Just after I appointed her. And it Cheap Rosetta Stone V3 wasnt no little whistler, either. Shes a little lady, but she let that baby rip. Nearly blew [White House chief of staff] Andy Cards ears off.

0 评论:

发表评论

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More