2012年1月7日星期六

I use a computer two times a week at school

Swimming against the tide is Hugh Mackay, one of Australia'sforemost social researchers. "Everyone puts the boot into gen Y,"says Mackay, who defines them as today's 15 to 30yearolds."They're a wonderful generation with a lot to teach us."Gen Z he's less confident about, saying their overzealoushelicopter parents, obsessed with the "art of parenting", willcreate a burden for their offspring. "These kids are overindulged,with a towering selfesteem as opposed to selfrespect whichwon't be healthy," he warns. "We are facing the most rebellious andobnoxious group of teenagers ever."Lucinda Schmidt BEN DOUNEEN is eight years old and is in year3"I like playing with my friends because some kids in othercountries don't get to play with their friends. At school, I likecomputers because you get to learn new things and art becauseI'm good at drawing.When I get home from school, I like to check emails on the DET[Department of Education and Training] portal, which I type intoGoogle and log in with my username and password. Friends fromschool log in and email, saying hi or something.I also watch kids' channels on TV. My favourite show is called Pimp My Ride on MTV they turn really old cars intoreally cool ones. I just finished Harry Potter And The GobletOf Fire and Guinness World Records, also.My favourite food is nachos.I have an iPod, which I listen to my favourite songs on, [byartists] like Justin Timberlake and the Black Eyed Peas. I need abit of help from my dad putting the songs on he's got an iPod,too.I also have a Game Boy, scooter and skateboard.I get a little bit of pocket money for Rosetta Stone doing jobs around the house.I've just laybied a RipStik, which is a skateboard with twowheels.I use my computer to look for information. My teacher told us wecould do a presentation with cardboard or on computer. I was thefirst one to do a Power Point presentation, so then she let otherpeople do PowerPoint presentations.I've done a project on Power Point about a bee and a shark. I gotsome pictures for the project from Google by clicking on "images",then just typing in "bees". It turned out to be a big success.I use Kids Space, which is a school safety site. You need to typein your password and click on "agree". And with the emails, if youtype in swear words or scary stuff, it will ban you from thewebsite. I use it quite a lot and a little bit at school incomputer lessons, which we have once a week.Every classroom at school has a Smart Board that is connected tothe internet, so we don't have to each go on the internet and lookup things.I watch Animal Planet and I saw Steve Irwin talking aboutglobal warming and how the snow was melting. The news said globalwarming was starting to happen, too.In the future, I think the world will be a disaster, so we shouldstart looking after our planet or global warming's going to happen.We did a play called Save Our Earth and I was the methanegas.I think I will be an inventor and a millionaire when I'm olderbecause I draw things that we don't have in our world."Peter Hawkins ALLEGRA LONARD is seven years old and is in year 2"I want to be a parttime vet, parttime fashion designer andparttime jazz singer because I like designing, puppies andsinging. Sometimes I will rush to my room, turn on my CD player andjump up and down on my bed.I have a Nintendo DS that I love playing and I've got about 50games. It has a game called Imagine Fashion Designer. Ireally want to be a fashion designer. I will be the designer but mybest friend, Lucy, is going to do all the sewing.

0 评论:

发表评论

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More